Monday, April 5, 2010

Patience is her virtue (of many)

I was running an early morning workout up the infamous Torrey Pines Hill w/ a track club buddy the other week. During the warm up we were shooting the shit about how training was going and how I was training for my first century ride (100 miles) in April in addition to my 5th full marathon in June. Marc, being no stranger to the time comittments that are involved w/ marathon training (he's running his 8th or so) or cycling, turned and looked at me and said, 'Wow, how does your wife do it? Is she okay w/ all the training?' I paused for a bit and said, 'She's supportive of my goals and hates seeing the dissappointment in my face when I fail to meet them.'

That was what i said, what i thought was, "Wow, I have a great wife."

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you really do have a great wife, you are a lucky man..no doubt about it!