I was guaranteed a personal record when I toed the line for my first 5K this morning. I settled in behind the seven minute & under crowd. there were about 10 of them. i joked w/ my coworker the previous day that given the small field, i just might win. the gun sounded and we were off. the pace was quick and i looked down at my watch, ave 6:30 min/mile through the first half mile. with two.6 left i backed off and clocked a 7:04 mile. the quick start took it's toll in my second mile (7:24) and i was on the 3rd leg of the 3 looped course. having passed Jg and Zoey 3 times now I had just over a mile to go until they greeted me at the finish. the last 1.1 miles were done at 7:44. I didn't win, finish 34 of 400 or so, but i did take away some valuable experience. I've got about a month left until my showdown w/ Joey. And although i'm quite pleased w/ my 22:12 finish (7:09/mi), Joey texted me later in the morning that he had just finished 3.1 miles at 21:47*.
resting until monday where i'll take a boxing class in the morning followed by some quick kettle bell work that i owe Rene.
*EDITED -so Joey's actual text read '1;47 5k, so fast'...i assumed he forgot the 2, but he actually meant it took him and erika 1 hour and 47 minutes! it was a walk. ha. once again 'to ASSUME, makes an ASS of U and ME!
Total weekly mileage - 14
March Madness
16 years ago

1 comment:
THERE YOU GO!
Post a Comment